Growing up I had the luxury of a mom who could REALLY cook and I’m pretty certain that early introduction to great food sparked my own, life-long passion! Over the years I’ve taught myself to cook pretty well so I’ve really learned to appreciate all the work and effort that restaurants put into their operations and taking care of their customers. And I think it’s truly important for any burgeoning area to develop a food scene capable of keeping the local population’s palate moving forward and develop an appreciation for all sorts of cuisines.
Having lived in Boston, Hartford, San Francisco and now North Carolina, I’ve had the opportunity to immerse myself in wonderful regional cuisine. International travel has also allowed me to try ethnic cuisine in their native lands. So many places to travel to, so little time! I’ve eaten goulash in Budapest, basil chicken in Bangkok, steak frites in Tahiti, meat pies in Sydney, Italian food in Geneva, lassi in Mumbai and churrascaria in Rio de Janeiro. Authenticity in food is my mantra but that’s not to say I can’t appreciate newer, fusion types of restaurants. And I’ve also learned that money is no guarantee of a great meal. I’ve dined at high-brow restaurants in wine country but would just as readily slum it in the gritty areas of San Francisco like the Tenderloin district. Often times you get the best ethnic foods in these run-down areas, everybody needs to eat well!
So I’m glad you’re here reading my blog and keeping up with my food adventures in the Triangle. Life is far too short to be having bad meals and not dabble in all the wonders of the culinary world. As the Triangle area grows and progresses, I’m looking forward to exploring all the great food NC has to offer. And I guarantee you, it’s going to be a great trip…
Food Blogger Credentials
- Elite Contributor for Yelp-Triangle region with nearly 900 reviews
- Google Level 5 Local Guide- Triangle
- #1 Ranked Blogger for Zomato in RTP
- Judge for 2017 Cooking for a Classic competition
- Judge for 2016, 2017 Toast to the Triangle, Culinary Competition
- Judge for 2013 Fire in the Triangle, Competition Dining
- Contributor to Triangle Arts & Entertainment
- Part of NC Weekend TV program- Taste Carolina, 9/17/09
- Recruited by Travel Savvy for Triangle Top Ten List
- Secret diner for multiple Triangle restaurants
(Photo at top courtesy of Pixbit in Raleigh)
Contact Ron at NC Triangle Dining