If your kid is going to school at NC State or you just need to find a bite near campus, choosing a good restaurant option may be a bit tricky. Like any college area, the restaurants tend to be inexpensive and not so great given the typical student budget. But there are some decent options if you know where to look. And they tend to be the newer spots in Wolfpack territory!
Best Restaurants and Dining Near NC State University – NCSU
- David’s Dumpling and Noodle Bar (Chinese) – Tasty Chinese and Asian eats in a lovely and spacious dining room. Inexpensive and reasonably priced for lunch and dinner.
- Gonza Tacos y Tequila (Mexican) – Fantastic interior and decor with solid Mexican eats: tacos, enchiladas, guacamole and more. A bit pricier than usual Mexican options but worthwhile.
- NC Seafood Restaurant at the State Farmer’s Market (Seafood) – Large portions of fried and broiled NC seafood on picnic tables. Stop in after a visit to the Farmer’s market!
- Neomonde (Lebanese) – A Raleigh classic serving up fresh Mediterranean eats ranging from salads, kabobs to pita sandwiches, casual setting.
- Pisco Mar (S. American) – A newer, restaurant specializing in S. American cuisine: empanadas, lomo saltado, ceviche and more.
- Players Retreat (American) – The long-time NC State meeting spot for subs, American comfort food and an amazing whiskey selection. Sit on the patio with friends in the summer.
- so*ca (Latin American) – An upscale, fusion Latino restaurant offering up great cocktails, small plates and desserts. A bit dress with fantastic covered patio.
- Sushi Nine (Sushi, Thai) – A basic spot for sushi, hibachi, Thai cuisine and more. Large private lot and conveniently located near PNC Arena.
- Tazza Kitchen (Small plates) – A more upscale restaurant serving up European oven-fired small plates and pizzas! Great for smaller groups.
- Trophy Pizza (Beer, pizza) – Fantastic beer and artisanal pizzas in a casual setting. Enjoy their patio when the weather is warmer, sometimes tough to get a seat.
- Tupelo Honey Cafe (Southern) – An Asheville favorite in Raleigh. Southern classics with a twist, offers brunch, lunch and dinner throughout the week.