Find some of the best restaurants, food, and dining in the Bull City! Durham has an amazing reputation for being a great, foodie town. These twenty best restaurant options are primarily focused in downtown Durham and some of the more popular neighborhoods further out. The list covers a variety of price ranges, from affordable to pricey. Click on the restaurant name for a review or their website. Click on the address for a Google map. (List updated July 2022).
Find more food and restaurant information on Durham, NC below!
1. Chicken Bee – A great spot for Korean fried chicken, bulgogi and more. This casual eatery on 9th Street will keep you happy with its flavorful bar eats. Save room for their truffle fries, seafood pancake and bingsoo dessert.
2. COPA – Roast pork sandwiches, Cuban small plates, and great cocktails in a very classic, Cuban setting! Conveniently located near DPAC right on Main Street for rustic Latin-American food.
3. Cocoa Cinnamon – A fun and lively spot for great coffee, hot chocolates, and churros. Great for people watching or hanging out with friends, this busy spot is a great destination in the Lakewood District.
4. Cucciolo Osteria – Upscale Italian eats in a modern but business-like dining room. Don’t miss their home-made pastas, they will be opening up a Raleigh location at the end of 2021.
5. Dame’s Chicken & Waffles – Heart-wrenchingly, delicious fried chicken on fluffy waffles served with syrup, OMG! Choose your fried chicken (cutlet, wings, drumsticks), waffle, and then a tasty shmear (flavored butter). Located right near the Durham Food Hall and Boxcar Bar and Arcade.
6. Durham Food Hall – A new and modern take on the food hall for the area! Six to seven great food options ranging from Neapolitan pizza, NY bagels, pasta, Southern cuisine, fresh seafood, and much more.
7. Gocciolina – A comfortable and cozy take on Italian small plates that focuses on a simple, subtle but delicious presentation. Arrive early to avoid the crowds, it’s a smaller dining room or you might be able to eat at the back-bar.
8. Guglhupf Cafe – Fantastic pastries, brunch and German food in a casual but lovely setting. Their patio is super popular with students and remote workers. At night, the Guglhupf space feels totally different, cafe by day, sexy restaurant at night.
🚗 402 W Geer St, Durham, NC 27701
9. Hutchins Garage – Great thin-crust pizzas in a converted automotive garage, fantastic industrial space! Can’t miss items are the Alla Vodka and Fried Chicken pies along with their fabulous beer list.
10. Juju – A stylish and sleek eatery featuring a diverse selection of tasty Asian-fusion tapas. Beautiful patio and decor, a great spot for a date given its ambiance and service.